- Box 1: I hate people in general …
- Box 2: … but certain individuals are O.K.
- Box 3: Somehow, everyone I know is an individual.
- Individual (n.) /ˌɪn.dɪˈvɪd.ju.əl/ a signel person, especially when compared to the group to which they belong.
- Somehow (adv.) /ˈsʌm.haʊ/ used to indicate that the speaker does not want to make the reason clear
- This comic strip illustrates a paradox: people often express: they tend to dislike how people behave as a group, but when considered individually, the criticism towards their behavior seems to disappear.