Skip to content
How to Avoid Competition
- Nice camera. I’m thinking about getting into photography too.
- Look, your photos suck. You have no sense of composition. You lack any understanding of lighting. And I’ve seen better pictures come from the D.M.V.
- What’s all that about?
- Job security.
- Avoid (v.): to stay away from someone or something, or prevent something from happening or not allow yourself to do something
- Competition (n.) when someone is trying to win something or be more successful than someone else
- To get into (v. phrase): to become interested in an activity or subject, or start being involved in an activity.
- To suck (v.) familiar language or rude; to be really bad quality.
- Composition (n.): the way that things are arranged or put together in a photograph.
- To lack (v.): not to have something that you would want or need.
- D.M.V. (acronym): Department of Motor Vehicles = the office where US citizens can get their driving license from. They are usually very strict about the guidelines for their photographs: no smiles, etc. So the photographs often don’t look good.