Test Your Understanding
- Box 1: Are you familiar with the 10,000 hours rule?
- Box 1: No.
- Box 2: It’s the estimated amount of practice time it takes to become professional in a lot of fields.
- Box 2: Except in photography.
- Box 3: It’s the $10,000 rule.
- If you are familiar with (adj. /fəˈmɪl.i.ər/) something, you know it well.
- Estimate (v.) /ˈes.tɪ.meɪt/ to guess the cost, size, or value of something.
- field (n.) /fiːld/ an area of activity or interest
- This cartoon is making fun of the fact that many people believe that you only need to have an expensive camera to become a good photographer.